The Organising Bureau of European School Student Unions (OBESSU) is the platform for cooperation between the national school student unions active in general secondary and secondary vocational education in Europe. It was founded in April 1975 in Dublin, Ireland and brings together Member, Candidate and Affiliate Organisations from all over Europe. All Member Organisations are independent, national, representative and democratic school student organisations.
As OBESSU we stand together..
- to represent the school students as stakeholders of their educational systems, and in issues concerning their lives;
- to provide the national school student unions with assistance and support and to co-operate for the development of school student representative structures;
- to encourage and enable exchange of experience and good practice among the national school students unions;
- to promote equal access to education and to strive for the end of all discrimination and injustice within the educational systems;
- to contribute to the development of democratic educational systems in Europe, that promote active citizenship in all forms;
- to promote solidarity and understanding between young people;
- to promote new teaching methods in learning and promote healthy teaching environment.
Find out more information about OBESSU at www.obessu.org.